Wednesday 12 January 2011

Hymn to Her

I'm back, and with a nice new shiny PC :) To all those who have been kind enough to comment recently, I now have access to my emails again, so I'll respond soon. In the meantime, here is another music inspired journal page.

The words from are taken from "Hymn to Her" by Chrissie Hynde & the Pretenders.

The embedded video is a solo live version. If you want to hear the original version try this.

Large stamp is from "Selene" from Third Coast. I still haven't identified the silhouette one.

6 comments:

  1. A great piece of art to celebrate a song or a poem as that what songs really are. I will listen tomorrow as it is a bit late now. The black angel is rather Hynde-like in looks and with a quick glance it could pass for her. As a band they are growing on me...but I take it you are a committed fan.
    Sue xx 67

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is just fantastic! I love the look of the text covered by those wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! I have scrapooked pages with song lyrics...so fun! Just love the background with lyrics out to be in focus...love it...very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooooooooo shiny! I'm addicted to shiny objects ;) !! Glad you got a new laptop :) Love the stripy background especially on this piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your journal page Nigel, Great colouring and a great song. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Nigel
    I listened to the song first and then feasted my eyes on what you created WOW

    Music is a big inspiration to me...thank you for delighting and inspiring!

    And I cannot help but notice, you've been hiding a very fine head of hair under your hat :)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.